Saturday, September 22, 2007

Instructions for Next Class

As you may already know, Mountains and Rivers Without End did not arrive at Libreria Universal, but Genesis, Structure and Meaning... did. So here's the new plan of action.
1. Order a copy of Mountains and Rivers Without End, using your favorite online bookseller. I looked at www.amazon.com and they had copies for about $12 and used copies starting at about $3. I recommend you order a used copy and have it rushed over ASAP (as soon as possible) in order to get your copy on time to read it for next week. In the meantime, I will place a copy in Reserve at the Library so you can start reading (which will not be available until Wednesday).
2. I will photocopy and place the first part of Mountains and Rivers without End at the SAC (or SAE, however it's called) early on Monday morning. Go get your copy so you can be prepared for class on Wednesday.
3. Read up to page 113 of Genesis, Structure, and Meaning in Gary Snyder's Mountains and Rivers Without End. You can purchase it at Libreria Universal, if you haven't yet done so.
4. Analyze and formulate an interpretion at least one of the longer poems or two shorter poems in the section.
5. Consider the study questions posed for the class on Metropolitan Fantasies in relation to the reading for this week.

I apologize for the inconvenience that not having the book readily available represents. If you need help getting the book, let me know.

By the way, Dr. Anthony Hunt will be visiting our class both Wednesdays, so I expect you all to be very prepared for a spirited discussion.

Until then,

Leo

2 comments:

Castelar Garcia Rivera said...

I will go over the SAC when it opens. I got today the Genesis book at a total price with sales tax of $48.10. I just went to SAC and there wasn't anything yet

Leonardo Flores said...

I haven't been able to go down to the Colegio yet. I have added a PDF printable version of the excerpt to the Course Links.