Thursday, August 23, 2007

Announcements

1. On Friday, August 24 the English Department will host a Graduate Student Reception and Orientation from 4:30-6:00 pm in CH-324. Please join us for an informative, empowering, and socially stimulating couple of hours.

2. A little correction about my title: it is Professor (Prof.), not Doctor (Dr.), at least while I finish revisions to my dissertation. I will soon earn the title. . .

3. I now have copies of the book we will be reading for September 19 "Metropolitan Fantasies," by Linda Rodriguez. The books cost $10 and are signed by the author, who will be happy to dedicate them after the class.

4. Something to consider: for the September 19 class, I would like to have a more casual, relaxed environment, with appetizers and wine (or whatever you like)-- neither of which are allowed in the computer classroom or the University. Would you be interested in having the class in a local restaurant/bar? I'm thinking of a classy joint, like La Posada or La Cava del Mucaro(Spanish style tascas). I accept suggestions.

No comments: